Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tip of the day...

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up - Mark Twain

This one can be difficult to apply when the person you are trying to cheer up, in order to cheer yourself up, screams "Go! Go Away!" at you. Evidently, 2 year olds are really just teeny versions of a grumpy teenagers, minus zits and greasy hair. This can be quite amusing in itself though. You have to laugh at the sheer gall of someone who, mere moments after undergoing the indignification of having you clean up their nether regions for a nappy change, can look you in the eye and tell you to 'go out' of their room. I had intentions of being a Mary Poppins type mother who could bring joy to her child & household with the gift of song, but Giles does not enjoy my singing, in fact, he clamps a hand over my mouth and says 'Quiet'. Boo hoo!

To be fair, I should point out that Giles does tell me he 'luffs' me quite often and does seek only me to be his dancing partner when he hears a song he likes. And he loves to pose for my endless photo-taking. So, on balance, we make for a good pair. Either way he can always bring a smile to my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment