Sunday, July 11, 2010

West Coast Party

I recently had a whirlwind trip to Perth, for the purpose of my sister's 30th birthday party. Despite being in Melbourne for her past 3 years of birthdays I have never actually missed being with her on her birthday yet, and of course I wasnt about to let her 30th be one I would miss!

Neesha did a fantastic job of putting together a big party on their new deck, complete with lots of lights, balloons, juke box and plenty of champagne!

I have learnt that I am not a good party photographer though. Despite good intentions, I only managed to have my camera out for maybe 5 minutes in total, with a couple of shots before the party began and a few somewhere at the very end - I was having too good a time catching up with everyone and drinking champagne! It was a fabulous night though - and doesn't the birthday girl look gorgeous!

Preparty:
Cooper throwing some funky dance moves for me



Around 12am...



5 comments:

  1. What a fun night! You can always rely on that line of special ladies (aunties, cousins, sister & mum) to be on hand to drink champer's and make you feel very loved on your birthday! Thanks Michelle x P.S. In my defence I would just like to point out that a drink was spilled on me, I didn't miss my mouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely party pictures! re the sewing book, would love to know the details :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun 'deman/everts' party! would love to have been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that you flew over for neesha's birthday.
    Thanks for stopping past little red clog. About the knitting loom: yes you can creat flat pieces of knitting - just google circular knitting loom and you should be able to find instructions. I've never tried it as I haven't used the loom since - I found it was actually quite as tedious as traditional knitting! In saying that I've really quite enjoyed getting into normal-old-knitting-with-needles lately and I'm getting more relaxed and speedy the more I do it! And it's pretty portable too which I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great party and doesn't the birthday girl look hot for 30? Congratulations Neesha!

    ReplyDelete